Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting Over...





Here it is so late, or rather early I guess as it is now 12:22 AM..and I got a wild hair to start my blog OVER...I got to thinking that my blog was totally headed in the wrong direction and that the things that I should be talking about, were coming second to the things that I should be forgetting about, and I thought that since I was still so fresh into the blog scene that I would just start over so that when I finally print this thing out and let my family read about me what I sometimes don't say...that it wouldn't include (as many) crazy ramblings...not that there won't be quite a great amount of them eventually anyway..I just felt that a fresh start would be beneficial to all of us... followers included.

I was sitting here tonight and I got a phone call from my little sister Whitney( who isn't really my little sister but actually was my dad's (Way EX) ex- girlfriends daughter when she was just 7 years old, and now I call her my sister) and we started talking about way back in the day when we used to drive around...hanging out with Travis and how she can't believe that we're married now. It got me to thinking about the LONG, hard journey I had to finally get the man of my dreams...

Always friends..sometimes with benefits which was okay with me..this goes way back...and I started thinking about how I can't thank the Lord above enough for finally answering my prayers. I think he must've grown tired of hearing Travis's name from me. Whatever it was..he did it, our paths finally were not just crossing but ended together and formed into just one path and it was one that we were to walk together the rest of our lives. That this man would take 2 daughters and give them his name and make them his own, and raise them to become such wonderful, beautiful, respectful,(hard working), exceptional young ladies...What kind of man does that take. Mine. I hear too many a time about the guy that won't take care of his own kid, but do we often hear about the guy that takes care of the babies that aren't his? He who makes sure to let these children know that if EVER, EVER they need anything that they can come to their daddy? I truly am blessed.

I was thinking tonight about the night that I first met Travis, I was in love at first sight(maybe a little lust, or a LOT) but I knew the day I met him that he is who I would love forever. I was actually friends with his sister and we were hanging out at our apartments and lived across from one another and her brother just stopped by. I told her, OMG he is HOT..she said, "EWWW that is my brother!" I knew then that I would find a way. I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't easy. It was a long road, but I would fix my flat tires, and I would get my fenders fixed and I would fix my windsheild....I will tell you there were a lot of cracked windsheilds and a lot of wiper replacements but in the end I prevailed. Travis told me, "I think God knew that we were supposed to be together." DUH, I was thinking yeah I know that but what took you so long.

We officially started our journey as husband and wife on May 29th, 2009. That was the day that I married my best friend and the day that in our church before god I gave my pledge to always be there for my friend and support him and care for him forever. We did this with our daughters as a part of our ceremony, and Travis asked the girls in the ceremony if they would accept him as their dad and as their moms husband. It was truly beautiful, I think I smiled so big the whole time because if I moved my cheeks the tears would fall out. I did cry though...alot. It was a very beautiful, emotional ceremony, and it was the most amazing feeling. After waiting for so long, to feel that beautiful white gold band slide on to my finger...there aren't even any words to express the way that I felt in my heart. If it could literally explode then piece back together really quick just to beat really fast..that would be close!

I was just thinking tonight that it all really started when I met him, my life...I was alive before, I was here..but I never felt alive until I met him. We now are a family, a whole. It feels wonderful to know that I have support in my life and that my daughters have the support that I have never known. To know that my kids can go to their dad for anything makes me so happy. He has changed so many things for us, and there are no words to express how completely peaceful he makes my heart feel. It was a rough drive, but I am here...and I am not driving anywhere without him again. I am sitting here watching him sleep next to me,

"I thank you LORD, for hearing my prayers, and thank you Lord for giving to me my best friend. Thank you for hearing me and finding that this was the right thing for me. Thank you for giving this man to my daughters as their father and their support. Thank you for being my saviour and thank you for every thing that you have given to me. My daughters are so perfect. Thank you for my beautiful babies. These three people lord are my best friends and I wouldn't be anyone without them. Thank you for making me someone Lord..Thank you for making me "Mommy" and "WIFE".

Thank you for bearing with my crazy postings, I just needed to start over...and head myself in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. This was really beautiful! Good for you... it's a new year & way to go making it a new start! It does take quite the man to take on kids that aren't "his". My dad did it 29 years ago & to this day he is my daddy no question about it, he raised us & was there for us & will always be my dad! I truly hope that your girls have the same blessed feeling all of their lives. Great post today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetheart, you seriously have like this little string that tugs on my tear jerker. I love reading your comments and it truly makes my day to know that you genuinely care for me! I think it is so awesome that we were reconnected and the fact that I have a great friend to share things with makes me sooo happy! Thanks Myya

    ReplyDelete